Tuesday, November 06, 2007

pirate



Heres a pirate character I got to design for the now indefinitly-on-hold Pirates of the Caribbean card game. The concept was a little strange, He was supposed to be half gargoyle. Kinda like Blade meets hunchback of Notre Dame. What can I say, some writers are disinclined to not be uninhibited by the established conventions of story telling. Rock on, keeps me on my toes.

This was actually a redraw for me, 'cauz I really disliked the original drawing I did. Which I think gives a lot more credit to the card artist who really did a fantastic job of just bringing this very unconventional-and honestly quite odd- pirate character to life. Big props to Ed Tadem. If you have a chance, you should really check them out on his site:
http://www.edtadem.com/art.html

No comments: